Saturday, September 6, 2014

Old Abandoned Barn

Click on image to enlarge it!
Click on image to enlarge it!

     This old abandoned barn is located just outside of my hometown. I think it falls into the Nature category because it's no longer in use, and looks to stay that way. I took these photographs during the twilight hours, and I would definitely recommend that as an ideal time for photographing. It's a time when it's not quite dark, but it's not quite light, so you get a unique perspective on a lot of things. I used the landscape feature on my camera (a Nikon D3300), which seemed to do the trick.

     My advice on taking quality photographs at night, in low light or shadowy situations is to use the "high key" feature on your camera, if it has that. However, be careful about using this feature, as it can wash out some of the image's detail, making it appear fake and blurry. If used right, this feature is especially helpful in situations where there is a bright background behind the object you want to shoot.

     As I mentioned earlier, I used the landscape feature for this particular photograph. Landscape features are meant to capture an object that cannot be focused on. For instance, if you try to take a picture of a grove of trees, the autofocus will have a tough time locating the trees. Once you switch the mode to landscape, it turns the focus off and allows you to snap your ideal pictures!

     These images are for sale in the Own a Photo! page located in your righthand sidebar. Check out the page, along with featured deals offered there. As a bonus, all shipping is free!







  




No comments:

Post a Comment